Searching for music so you don't have to.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Goldfish, a yummy snack for your ears (yes, you read that correctly)

There are some songs that are meant to be on commercials or in movies/movie trailers. We've all heard a song for the first time and said, "This song should be a in a commercial", or at least I have anyway. But I've never heard multiple songs by an artist and said, track after track, "This song needs to be in a commercial/trailer/movie, and this song, and this song, and this song." I've never said that until today. A while ago I was listening to Pandora. I had my relaxing station playing (it's actually my "Porcelain" by Moby station, make fun of me all you want, but it's a cool song) and an upbeat song without words, but had a lot of kick. I looked at the artist, Goldfish, and didn't think much of it. The song was called Mbira Beat, and today I thought I would check out more songs by Goldfish for fun. I HIT THE JACKPOT! Goldfish uses some old school sounds, mixes them electronically, shakes it up with their own smooth and new age/hip style and turns out track after track of amazingness. When you hear their sound you'll agree, these songs need to be on commercials/trailers/movies, and not in a cheesy way, but in a new and funky way (I can't really explain it). Anyway, give them a listen!!!! Goldfish in general gets a CRUISE IT, and of course REPEAT IT

Youtube has a mix for them, check it outttttt: http://www.youtube.com/artist?a=GxdCwVVULXfpyAhQqMDH0g1R2NQxkovn&feature=bottomfeedr 


Did I mention they have funny and weird videos? No, I didn't? Well check out this one!



Annndd this song is in the 2010 Kia Soul Commercial

No comments:

Post a Comment